The lovely Lola recently posted her "25 things" from Facebook, a list of sometimes lesser known facts about herself. This has been doing the rounds on the world's favourite internet community site, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon as usual and post mine too:
1. I love changing my hair, sometimes curly, sometimes straight. I always get bored with whatever style I keep for too long. It's naturally straight.
2. I hate pets, and dogs in particular. Even 'nice' dogs, yes, even your nice dog.
3. I live a double life - in a renovated pigeon loft in Chablis and a flat in Paris, half the week in one place half the week in the other. No, I haven't moved to Chablis forever yet.
4. My man makes the best wine on the planet.
5. Last year I visited 6 different countries.
6. I try to be ecological at home, but sometimes it doesn't make any difference (see n°5).
7. As I grow up, I'm trying to calm down and do less.
8. I have sung weekly in some sort of geeky choir for the last 21 years of my life.
9. I sang in a rock band for 3 years.
10. I have never, ever, considered myself as a 'cool' person. Quite the opposite.
11. The credit crunch is starting to hit me.
12. I want to have two or three children, one day.
13. I'm scared of balloons, especially a children + dog balloon scenario. Worst nightmare.
14. I'm far too sensitive and get upset about things I have no control over.
15. I hardly ever do email chain forwards or quizzes like this, but here's an exception.
16. I cry easily (adverts, national anthems, people winning races, young children reading, babies smiling, professional problems, singing songs)
17. I think about the future on a daily, if not hourly basis and project myself 5, 10 years into the future. I've always done it, it never works out like you think it will, and it's absolutely useless.
18. I have extended eyelashes thanks to a wonderful spa in Hong Kong.
19. I am practically bilingual in French but still can't remember what is 'le' and what is 'la'.
20. I cry with laughter at Bill Bryson, Stephen Fry and Victoria Wood.
21. I hate paperwork and procedures with a great passion, and love teaching with an equally great passion.
22. I am a qualified SCUBA diver.
23. My favourite food is truffle, the mushroom kind, but I can't afford to eat it more than a couple of times a year.
24. I played the violin and saxophone at school, with great gusto, but now can't tell one end of an instrument from the other.
25. I can't go for a day without checking my Facebook page.