Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fun with Friends

I've just spent a fantastic weekend with some friends from England who took time out of their busy doctoring lives to visit me and my man here in Paris. We had a lovely time at the restaurant Chez Paul in rue de Charonne which served up a delicious 6 escargots and a souris d'agneau, which is some part of the leg of a very silent lamb.

Just to continue the garlic-fest and to ensure that my breath's aromas lasted all weekend we went on a brief tour of the Marais, one of my favourite parts of Paris, which is home to a large Jewish population and has the best falafels in the city. They really are delicious, especially at Chez Hanna, which is the first (or last) falafel restaurant on the rue des rosiers.

We didn't have time to visit the typical monuments : Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe etc, but it was no bad thing. St Sulpice, Notre Dame and Sacré Coeur were typical enough and a good walk around the St Germain area always pleases the visitors! So now I have five more luxurious hours before bedtime and back to the working week which will be garlic and monument-free. Oh well.

No comments: